At Dunnaway, Jackson, Ouellet & Associates, we practise exclusively in the area of family law.  That means that we provide advice about your legal rights in your relationship with your spouse from the beginning to the end.   We prepare agreements that will govern your property division and responsibilities during your cohabitation and your marriage.  Once you are separated, or if you are contemplating separation, we then provide advice regarding your rights and responsibilities to your spouse and in relation to your children.  We will provide you with advice regarding financial support, property division, parenting of children, division of pensions and support after death, and the like both before and during your cohabitation. Because family law often involves other areas of law such as tax, securities, commercial, business, torts, trust, estate, and sometimes bankruptcy, we regularly work with colleagues who specialize in those areas so as to provide our clients with comprehensive and high quality legal advice.

We can answer the following kinds of questions:

  • How much child support will I have to pay?
  • Will I receive any spousal support?
  • For how long will I have to pay spousal support?
  • Will I have to sell my business once I am divorced?
  • How do I figure out how much my business is worth?
  • Will my spouse have to share my tax liability after we are separated?
  • Should I contribute to my RRSPs after I separate from my spouse?
  • Should I terminate my spouse’s access to our joint bank accounts and credit cards?
  • Will I have to share my pension with my spouse?
  • Will the court force me to work if I don’t feel like working any longer?
  • Can I retire as I had planned to during the marriage?
  • Do I have to force the Children to see my spouse if they don’t want to?
  • Can I prevent my spouse from seeing the Children when he or she is intoxicated?
  • Do I have to pay for my Children’s university education?
  • Does my spouse have to leave me his estate when he dies?
  • Can I make decisions regarding my Children without input from my spouse?
  • Can I force my spouse to pay for private school for my Children?
  • Will my Children live with me half time?
  • Should I leave the house?
  • Will my pre-nuptial agreement be enforced?
  • Can my spouse and I settle our affairs without going to court?
  • Should I go to mediation?
  • Should I have a pre-nup?
  • Should I have a cohabiation agreement?


We can provide you with proper legal advice of all your options if you want to do any of the following:

  • freeze assets
  • obtain spousal support
  • obtain child support
  • see your children regularly
  • have equal parenting time
  • force your spouse to leave the house
  • obtain a divorce on the grounds of adultery
  • have your business properly valued and keep it at the end of your marriage
  • know the right amount of child support you owe
  • money to fund your legal fees
  • force your spouse to pay for a portion of your legal fees
  • know where your spouse has hidden money
  • obtain a fair share of your spouse’s pension
  • prevent your spouse from disposing of assets
  • make sure you’ll have support even if your spouse dies
  • make sure your assets are left to your children and not your spouse


Once we have answered your legal questions and given you our legal advice, we will then provide you with our legal services to pursue the orders, agreements or results you are seeking.

Ars Dicendi